Welcome to the Duck’s Nest Parents Association!The Duck’s Nest Parents Association (DNPA) is an organization consisting of the parents at Duck’s Nest Preschool in Berkeley. The association organizes community events and outreach programs, as well as fundraisers to support educational enrichment and community. The events organized by the DNPA are generally structured to pay for themselves or to create a positive financial contribution back to the Duck’s Nest community. By participating in the DNPA and volunteering for an event, you are making a valuable contribution to your children and your community.
Board Members:President - Open
Secretary - Open
Treasurer - Amelia Krause
WHAT WE DO
- Program Enrichment, e.g. Performance Series (dance, music, demonstrations, etc.)
- Garden Support: work parties, purchasing supplies, etc.
- Technology upgrades in the classrooms, yard equipment, etc.
- Annual teacher appreciation dinner
- Holiday and End of Year Teacher appreciation gifts
- Infant/ Child CPR Class
Duck's Nest Community-Building Events
- Kindergarten information night
- Fall Festival
- Community Service - Harrison House Thanksgiving Dinner Drive
- Community Service - Harrison House Holiday Gift Drive
- Winter Days, Warm Hearts Movie Night!
- Annual Gala Fundraiser
- New Families Brunch
HOW WE RAISE FUNDS
- Tea School Days! (October)
- Fall Festival & Pumpkin Patch (October/Nov)
- Winter Days, Warm Hearts Movie Night! (February)
- Annual Gala (May)
- DNPA Tote bag and Duck's Nest T-Shirt Sales (ongoing)
- Bakesales (ongoing)
- Event Raffles
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
- Attend our events - especially the end-of-year gala auction!
- Join us at DNPA meetings to provide feedback and help direct our efforts
- Be a room parent!
- Sign up as an Event Lead or Committee Member to help coordinate food, crafts and other components of larger events
- Volunteer for an event: set up, clean up, bake a cake, and more!
- Sign up as an “on-call volunteer”
- NEEDED: Graphic designers, chefs, artists, builders, musicians, and parents with trucks!